ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle)
At Southern Commercial Divers, we are committed to purchasing only the latest equipment that provides customers with the safest and most efficient solutions.
Our ‘Remote Operated Vehicle’ (ROV) is a safe and quick system that is deployed when conducting underwater inspections. The ROV is small – and therefore easily maneuverable, operated using game-like controllers. It is ideal for underwater inspections, particularly in circumstances where a diver’s access is unsuitable or is faced with more extreme safety hazards.
- A VideoRay PRO3 XE GTO that provides speeds up to 4.1 knots, making it the most powerful ROV in its class;
- a manipulator arm for object retrieval or intervention;
- a micro unit with 6 thrusters that can be deployed in under 3 minutes;
- it is currently the only ROV that has ‘stick-on’ capabilities, a roller kit converts the ROV into a 4-wheeled vehicle that can operate on most surfaces;
- it has a fly-through diameter of 240mm – ideal for underwater pipe inspections and other small space inspection work;
- the capability to capture high-quality still photography and video footage is possible from either of these ROV units.
Click on image for full size